Wednesday, December 8, 2010

drama..a BORING one at that

I was walking with one of my friends in the hostel garden when suddenly my eyes stopped at a peculiar looking bee sitting on a very pretty red rose. The bee had a very small face and a very huge butt (body or whatever you call it) and it looked awfully ugly on that beautiful rose. No I don’t hate bees but I don’t love them either and this bee wasn’t even flying out of my sight. It was relaxing but not exactly the way we relax, bees have a strange and irritating habit of rubbing their feet against each other. Most people say that’s how they transfer pollen grains but in my opinion, it looks really bad especially when people are staring at you. I wondered if the bee would look cool if it could lie down on its back on the rose , stretch a little bit and place one leg over the other and gulp ginger beer while listening to bee rock music! The bee, I thought , looked at me for a second and asked me to fuck off. Shit! I could actually ‘get lost’ in bee dreams?!

The beep on my mobile brought me back to reality, rather senses. I don’t know how I keep losing myself to things like this, out of all things this time it was a BEE! I could see Jaanvi’s name flash on the screen. The message read- Bitch! Where are you? Are you in the hostel? Come to room 265... YOU CANNOT MISS THIS… Did Jaanvi actually type this? She never said things like ‘bitch’. Focus. I had to stop thinking about stupid things for some time now and rush towards room 265; something was definitely brewing in there.

I, along with this friend of mine who could never stop chewing her nails, in spite of politely asking her not to more than a thousand times, refusing food from her and umpteen number of things that constantly hinted at the disgust that one feels when someone chews their nails . Whatever, some people can never change. I walked towards the second floor maintaining distance from this female. No I am not a hygiene freak but it’s repelling when someone does something even remotely related to chewing nails, picking their nose etc. etc.

I saw atleast 30 girls standing in a group and whispering to each other outside 265. Moving closer, I could see that someone had locked the room from inside. Standing on the door were Jaanvi and Shonali kicking hard at it. I could see the tension building on Jaanvi’s face but as soon as Shonali looked at me she grinned widely; instantly I knew that the text was sent by her and Shonali did not care if Kamini killed herself inside. Kamini!! Ahh Kamini, the ‘hostel BITCH’ had locked herself up. But why? Apparently, the eighth guy that she was ‘supposedly’ dating in the third week of the second semester had developed feelings for another girl in his class! Lol big deal! I had not seen this other girl but I could bet on my life that she was far better to look at than Kamini. This female was certainly testing everyone’s patience…okay if not everyone’s Jaanvi’s. She was bloody cajoling her to get out of the room and all that we could hear were sobs and filmy dialogues. Main mar jaungi…nai jeena.. kaise rahungi main uske bina… Shonali and I were looking blankly at a crow perched on a skirt hanging loosely from an elastic rope. Shonali could no longer take this shit. She got up and started hurling abusive words at Kamini. I was stunned at the choicest of the gaalis that flowed incessantly from her mouth. She could actually own the urban dictionary! Within 5 minutes, Kamini stepped out with her make-up flowing from her cheeks. Yuck! She looked pathetic (not that sympathetic pathetic, it was that sad pathetic) rather dangerous. She had an all-out in one hand and a thin and sharp looking thing in the other. Someone told me that it was a pencil ‘cutter’. Lol who on earth used pencil ‘cutter’ anymore and could a pencil cutter kill anyone? Well, we were yet to discover.

Kamini threatened that she would kill herself and people were trying to stop her. She opened the nozzle of all-out ,put it to her lips and from the corner of her eyes checked if someone was advancing towards her. Fuck ! Why isn’t she drinking. I wanted to see what happens when someone drinks all-out, the first reaction on their face when they taste that liquid…

Jaanvi, great jaanvi , steeped forward slapped her and threw the bottle away from her hands. Kamini held her and started weeping and the usual bolly stuff continued. I lost interest and walked away. Eh! I wanted real drama and Jaanvi had to end it like this? Shonali knew what I was thinking and grinned at me again. I still would like to know what happens when someone drinks all the contents of an all-out bottle in one go and can you kill people with a pencil cutter….?!

2 comments:

  1. You should be disgusted by all these people too!
    http://www.popcrunch.com/18-celebrities-who-pick-their-nose-just-like-you/

    Also, I hope I'm not giving anyone any ideas here but any sharp object can be used to slash your wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeew bad... seems like lindsay lohan was stung by thousand bees ;)

    ReplyDelete